The Head Distiller will lead the entire production effort and must be fluent in all manner of grain-in, pot distillation. We run reasonably sophisticated automated systems and as a result, the leader will need strong mechanical aptitude, attention to detail and a curiosity to learn and understand more. We hold communication skills at a premium and expect any candidate to be able to interact professionally with peers, staff, suppliers and customers.
- Mash, distill, manage inventory, participate and supervise bottling when necessary
- Set up, operate, clean and maintain primary and ancillary equipment
- Supervise, manage and train team members on all required production skills
- Maintain and supervise safe work practices
- Maintain records as required. (We use Distilled x 5 software for production, inventory management and TTB reporting.)
- Perform daily quality assurance/quality control responsibilities
- Manage feedstock inventory and keep detailed records
- Perform all duties within compliance of safety policy and OSHA standards
- Operate heavy machinery, such as forklift and pallet jacks
- Work in concert with our bottling and packaging team
- Proof, blend, barrel, and bottle all types of spirits
- Create, follow, and maintain SOPs
So, what’s in it for Me?
Be part of a Team producing some of the finest craft bourbon in America.
Manage one of the most state-of-the-art and beautiful artisan distilleries in the US.
Good compensation that is commensurate with experience
Benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
A fun and rewarding environment.
Lots of smiles.
Candidates should be mechanically inclined and have management / production experience. You should be conversant in all process steps, experienced in how systems operate and be able to train and supervise others in their production tasks.
- A mind for safety, a natural curiosity and an ability to learn new skills are the strongest assets
- Strong communication skills with team members at several locations
- Multitaskers only! The work involves processes operating concurrently.
- Must be able to lift 55 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Bachelors Degree or higher preferred
- 21 years of age or older
- Candidates should have substantial mechanical/electrical/plumbing know how
We are seeking candidates with management / production lead experience and who have passion for craft distilling.